The culminating activity of the course on Building Smart and Green Cities and Towns in a Post-Pandemic World was held last December 2. For the second half of the activity, VP Leni Robredo delivered her keynote message. She underscored the importance of the course in the current situation.
During her speech, she emphasized that a long-term solution is crucial for disaster mitigation. She reminds the participants that having projects for disaster mitigation takes not just funds. It includes planning, research, and having a strategic design mindset that takes the view of development.
VP Leni highlighted that sometimes the best solution comes from the ground. Leaders need to engage their people in building sustainable cities and towns. One of the significant roles of the leaders is to listen and ensure that people will be able to see their stake; their part in a bigger context. She reiterated that having a disaster-proof plan is essential in building a resilient community.
Towards the end, she encouraged the participants to use their learnings in the course to bring their people together in building smart and green cities and towns.
- Call for Instructors August 4, 2022
- LMNP’s 2nd cohort completes its first module on Bridging Leadership and Systems Thinking July 12, 2022
- Seeking Challenges for Leadership Growth March 7, 2022
- Igniting the Passion to Serve the People February 28, 2022
- Immersing and to Becoming a Leader February 14, 2022